Thursday, January 24, 2008

Goodbye from LA



Well in a few hours I will be in the skies heading out over the Pacific to Australia.
Tem and I have had an eventful time the past few days.
Yesterday we went to a korean spa which is a favorite of Tem's. It was sooo like a Japanese onsen, it was amazing!!! Tem and I each got the Bliss treatment which meant a totally body scrub down (at times I felt like I was going to bleed the woman was working so hard), massage, facial, and hair wash/scrub. Now when I say total, mean total! The woman, Yang, now knows my body better than I do. There was not one inch of me she did not work over thoroughly. No privacy issues allowed! It was amazing but it felt more like hygiene then luxury self indulgence. It was painful, but boy did I feel newer than the day I was born when Yang finished with me. I highly suggest a trip to Olympic Spa for anyone coming to LA. I think it needs to be a yearly experience.
Today Tem, Chuee, and I went for a rigorous hike up Mount Lowe in Pasadena. It was 2.7 miles of hard uphill climb. The views were spectacular and it felt so good physically pushing my body like that. At the top of the mountain the winds were biting cold but the view and the ruins of the historic hotel that once stood there were worth it all. I have pics from the climb but I have not uploaded them onto the computer. Next time.
Tem and I hit up the Rosevelt hotel for a late lunch on Hollywood Blvd. 
What a fantastic trip!!
Thank you so much Tem for everything! There is nothing like being with your sister.
Ani, I wish I got to see you more, we were just so busy. I will call from the airport.
Cheers all.
LA done.
Next stop: Aussieland!!
L.

No comments: