Sunday, December 03, 2006

Ueno

Mhairi and I went to check out Ueno yesterday. All I can say is Ueno is crazy. It is also huge! There are these alleyways snaking around the station that are packed with shops that are all open, and they are selling all kinds of stuff. The only thing I have ever been to like it was the massive night market in Chang Mai in Thailand, but it is more condensed, kind of like a carnival with all the people and the venders. There are tones of clothing shops, but most for men, and then there will be the Body Shop, and a Canadian coffee shop, and restaurants, a 7/11, and well you don’t know what is going to be around the next corner. And it looks like it goes on forever. I was working on very little sleep so I couldn’t even comprehend what I was doing. Oh is there a coffee shop in Canada called the Benz? Mhairi and I came home around 7pm (we went to Ueno around 3pm) and I went right to bed and woke up at 8am. I was supposed to meet some teachers from Ota who were coming down to Tokyo to go clubbing but I was asleep. What can you do? lol
Mhairi and I are going to go back today. I will try to take pictures of the place for you all.
Cheers

No comments: