Friday, May 11, 2007

Sumo Spotting

I wrote this post on Thursday but I forgot to publish it, so here it is:

Sumo wrestlers are not a common sight in the main areas of Tokyo. My work takes me to areas of the city where these famous national sportsman live and work, so while I would not say sumo spotting is common, it is not unusual for me to see one or two when I am in their area.
T0day my sumo sighting tops the list! I was walking aback from my school in Edogawa when I looked across the street and I saw two sumo wrestlers in only the cloth diaper (their fighting attire) sweeping up bits of trash and dirt in front of a little car lot. It was really such a funny sight, epically since one was very large and the other, while very built, was more normal sized. Big sumo wrestler and little sumo wrestler. oh I wish I had had my camera!

Anyway, it was fun to see, it put a smile on my face and I wanted to share.

Cheers

No comments: